Keto-diet or ketogenic diet is a style of eating that includes consumption of foods with low carbohydrate content and high in fat which produces the most rapid reduction of the mass of the body. This diet has many health benefits, which has been shown on more than fifty studies.
In terms of keto-diet, as well as the carbohydrate intake on the keto-diet is produced in low doses, reduces the level of the hormone insulin and increases the level of kontrinsuljarnye of the hormones. Under its influence the body to obtain energy begins to digest the fat reserves in the formation of a large number of ketone tel.
Keto-diet-contributes to the reduction of body weight, and there are other benefits of this diet: reduce the feeling of hunger and increasing the "vital energy". Ketogenic diet makes us more energetic and focused. When the body produces ketones, which enters the metabolic, a condition known as "ketosis". The quickest way of getting to ketosis — starvation, not eating anything — but no one resists the hunger for a long time. However competent keto-diet, you can observe enough time, supporting your body in a state of ketosis.
For most people keto-diet is safe. However, in some situations, it is contraindicated in the following diseases and states:
- Diabetes mellitus type 1
- Pregnancy and lactation
- Liver failure
- Kidney failure
- The primary deficit of carnitine
- The deficit of the enzyme carnitine-palmitoyltransferase, carnitine-translate, pyruvate kinase deficiency
- Chronicles of the gastrointestinal tract
You can eat on the ketogenic diet?
What is most important to the achievement of ketosis — avoid the consumption of large amounts of carbohydrates. You should keep the carbohydrate intake of less than 50 g/day, preferably less than 20g/day. The less carbs you eat, the faster you achieved ketosis and, as a consequence, the decrease of the mass of the body. First, it may help to count the amount of carbohydrates. But if you're going to continue with our best products and recipes, you will be able to stay in ketosis, without bothering to count.
What are worth avoiding?
Exactly what you should avoid keto-diet is carbohydrates of products that contain large amounts of sugar and starch: bread, pasta, rice and potatoes.
It is essential that the keto-diet to completely avoid that includes sweet products and processed foods (cookies, chips, etc). The food must contain a lot of fat and moderately high protein content, as well as the excess protein is more rapidly transformed into glucose in the body. To maintain the ketosis body is necessary to take about 5% of the energy from carbohydrates, 15% to 25% protein and 75% fat.
You can drink in the keto-diet?
The water is ideal as a drink, coffee and tea, also. It is best not to use sweeteners, especially sugar.
In the measure of low-carb is keto-diet?
The less carbohydrate you consume, the greater will be the efficiency of the power supply to the suppression of appetite, reduction of weight of a body and the control of type 2 diabetes. Keto-is the strict diet low in carbohydrates in the diet, which contains less than 20 grams of carbohydrates a day, and therefore has a high efficiency. Below are three possible examples of how it can look low in carbohydrate food, depending on how many carbohydrates you plan to eat per day.
Keto-diet turns your body into a fat burning machine. The slimming process is accelerated due to the reduction of insulin levels in the blood, the hormone of the accumulation of subcutaneous fat. More than 30 scientific studies show that a ketogenic diet will lead to more effective weight loss in comparison with other types of diets.
Keto-diet can improve the control over the appetite. The feeling of hunger decreases sharply, as seen in the research studies. Keto-diet allows, without special difficulties in eating less food and reduce body weight. In keto-diet of many, simply parisian with eating only two times a day (over breakfast), and some even reduce the number of meals and a day without any hassles for you. Therefore, the additional advantage of keto-diet can be a savings of time and money due to the frequent failure of snacks during the day.
The energy and the intellectual capacity
Some people use a ketogenic diet specifically to improve the mental performance of maintenance. In animal studies, have shown the data, according to which the state of ketosis in the fasting provides advantages such as resistance to stress, injuries and illnesses. It has proposed an explanation: the mammals that have had success in survival during long periods without food, have adapted to the optimal functioning of the brain is capable of ketosis. Ketogenic diet improves concentration and clarity of mind.
Keto-diet can lead to an improvement of digestion, reduction of gas and bloating, reducing the spasms and pain in the stomach, relieving the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. For some people this becomes all the more important to use the diet and in the development of this effect disappears in a few days.
The increase of the physical strength
A ketogenic diet increases the resistance to physical, open access to a large amount of energy from fat deposit. The reserves of glucose in the body, stored in the liver and in the muscles in form of glycogen, a "fire" in just a couple of hours of intensive training, while in the fat deposit enough energy to fuel the body for weeks.
The therapy of the symptoms of epilepsy
Initially, this system of power in general was designed for people with epilepsy (especially for children with resistance to therapy), and studies have shown that the frequency of attacks in the eastern part of the diet is lower. Probably, this is related to the ability of ketone tel oppress the foci of excitation in the brain. Traditionally, the therapy is used mainly for children, but in recent years with success has been applied and the adult. In addition, it is showed a ketogenic diet on alzheimer's disease, parkinson's disease, disorders of the autism spectrum, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, multiple.
As quickly you enter ketosis in a keto-diet?
Here are seven of the most important things for the start of session in the state of ketosis, ranked from the most to least important:
- Limit your consumption of carbohydrates up to 20 grams or less per day: to follow a strict diet with low carbohydrate content. When this fibers restrict is not required, it may be useful for ketosis.
- Limit the amount of protein to a moderate amount. Keto-diet is not a high protein diet. This is because the excess protein in the body is converted into glucose. Try to keep the consumption of around 1.5 grams of protein per day per pound of your weight (around 100 grams of protein a day, if you are indoctrinating weigh 70 kilos). A very common mistake, it prevents the people to call the same ketosis, is the consumption of an excessive amount of proteins. Our keto-recipes designed taking into account the necessary amount of proteins.
- Consume enough fats. Keto-diet is a diet with a high fat content. There is a difference between keto-diet and the fasting, which also leads to ketosis: the diet easier to see in the longer period of time. In case of prolonged periods of fasting, we can feel the fatigue and hunger, while the ketogenic diet is more stable and allows us to maintain well-being. If at the bottom of the keto-diet, you pursue the feeling of hunger, you must add more fat in the food (for example, over oil). Our keto-recipes made contain required proportion of fat.
- Avoid eating, when you do not feel strong hunger. If you eat more than you need, just for fun and because of all the food, this will lead to a reduction of ketosis and slow down the reduction of the mass of the body. But hour are normal, when you experience hunger.
- If necessary, you can add the range of hunger. For example, you can skip breakfast and consume food only during the eight hours of the window, the fasting during the rest of sixteen hours (scheme 16:8). It is very effective to improve the level of ketones, as well as to speed up the weight loss and control of type 2 diabetes.
- Add exercises — to add any type of physical activity can significantly increase the level of ketones in the body. The exercises also help to accelerate the weight reduction and to improve the control of type 2 diabetes.
- Get enough sleep the number of hours and reduce your stress level. For the majority of people have at least 7 hours of sleep per day. Lack of sleep can hinder the fulfillment of the keto-diet because of its influence on feeding behavior, reduce self-control and make docile the temptations to unnecessary for the excess food.
Conclusion: in order to enter ketosis, it is necessary to limit the carbohydrate intake to a low level, preferably of less than 20 grams per day
Practical recommendations for the keto-diet
With what food is worth to start your day? If you like your bacon and eggs is not the appropriate option. If not, that is to say, keto-breakfasts, which usually do not contain eggs. We were told that breakfast is the most important meal for a day"? It is a common error, but it is still a myth. If, after awakening, you are not hungry, don't be afraid of skipping breakfast or just drinking a cup of coffee or tea. The decrease of the feeling of hunger is characteristic of keto-diet, so don't worry, by the passage of any food. If you're hungry after awakening, but they are limited in time, there is a great variety of delicious, rich and rapid for the preparation of the keto-breakfast.
Lunch and dinner
And what is in the lunch or the dinner? Journal of the planning of the meal can be simple. The meat of animals and poultry or grilled fish with salad or vegetables with butter, cheese and a delicious sauce. We have hundreds of options of delicious keto-dishes.
Although for a long time prevailed until the designation of the idea of the restrictions of the fat in the diet, current research indicates that low-carbohydrate and ketogenic diet may also be effective. How to do the diet with restriction of fats. The fats contained in the food, contribute to a better saturation and make the taste of the food superb. How to recover the fat in the food? What are are the fats to use: olive oil or butter? And how many fats you need to consume each day? Tip: if you always feel the hunger on the keto-diet, is to eat more fat. Here is how you can add fat.
One of the most common products that people do not consume because of the ketogenic diet as is bread. However, there are many types of good bread with a low content of carbohydrates.
Eating out of home
How to keep the keto-diet outside of the house: on the buffet, at home or in restaurants? Avoid feculentos of products (bread, rice, pasta), and ask advanced portion of fats, such as olive oil or butter.
Do not rely on refined products with a low content of carbohydrates"
Not worth trusting in creative marketing in relation to special products "low-carb". Remember that it is a good keto-diet does not include refined and industrialized processed foods. Unfortunately, common misleading advertising which in fact announces a junk carbohydrate food, under the guise of products with low content of carbohydrates".
Possible side effects of the keto-diet
The majority of people experience symptoms of "keto-flu". Here's a list of which can be felt in a greater or lesser extent, a few days after the start of the keto-diet:
- The headache
- Out-of-focus of attention
- The lack of motivation
The symptoms commonly disappear in the course of the week, when your body adjusts to getting energy from fats. The cause of the "keto-flu" is not known with certainty. It is hypothesized that these manifestations are related to the dehydration in a context of increased education and the allocation of ketone tel. Also among the possible causes are called immunological reaction, and the change of the intestinal microbiota. As a general rule, the manifestations of "keto-flu" affecting people whose power was about the "upset" (in particular, containing many high carbohydrate). You can reduce and even eliminate these symptoms by making sure that you are getting sufficient amount of fluid and salt. A simple way to do this drink one cup of broth 1-2 times a day.
How much will reduce my weight on keto-diet?
The results vary a lot. Most people lose 1-2 kg during the first week. In general, this is fluid. After this, people on average lose about 0.5 kg of weight in a week. But there may be variations depending on the age, sex and condition of the organism. As you approach the rating called body mass index to "normal", the weight loss slower. You have to understand that for each one in the framework of "normal" bmi will be its weight, which depends on the growth. It is not the goal, as transmitted by the popular media or "public opinion", focusing on his state of mind and sense of self.
As I can see the consumption of carbohydrates?
If you are using our menus, in the day that are going to consume up to 20 grams of carbohydrates, no need to count. The use of our product guide will help you to estimate how many carbohydrates you eat in the day.